95. Cllr. Gholam Murtaza.


Labour Councillor (Rochdale/Manchester) Gholam Murtaza –Convicted and jailed for 6 months in 1998 for assault and affray after attacking two women police officers with a knife. Murtaza also won his seat on the council illegally in 2003, as the seriousness of his criminal record disqualified him from standing in the first place, according to British electoral law. Typically, the Labour Party tried to lie their way out of the scandal by claiming he had concealed his past from them at the time of his selection as a candidate. However, the local Labour MP, Jim Dobbin, received a letter at the time from the Chief Constable of Greater Manchester Police, David Wilmot, giving full details of Councillor Murtaza`s conviction and the vicious, knife-wielding Labour thug himself said: “People in the party were aware of my conviction while I was in prison. I told Heywood and Middleton MP Jim Dobbin at that time because I was fighting my conviction. The local Labour Party was fully aware of my conviction. I declared it at my interview and on my application form”. http://tinyurl.com/2ncn8b

No comments: